Harvester Community Fellows: Creative Class 2017-2018
April 27, 2017 |
Kate Van Steenhuyse
To expand our Satellite Artist programming and offer more career incentives for the local arts community, we are launching the Harvester Arts Fellowship program. This Pilot program creates a focused community of artists working together to foster dialog, offer practical support and feedback, design exhibitions, and create new work.
- Act as Satellite Artists for the 2017 Artists in Residence, James Marshall and Chloe Bass.
- During 2018, Fellows will assist with hosting Resident Artists and Visiting Artists.
- Provide support and feedback for each other via studio visits and discussion sessions.
- Expand audience for themselves and fellow artists
Additonally, Fellows will:
*Harvester Arts is actively seeking funding to award Fellows a stipend for participation in the program, as of April 2017, funding is not yet secured.
- Have access to Harvester Arts workspace
- Be given exhibition space and creative control for multiple Final Friday shows throughout 2017-2018 (schedule to be mutually agreed upon by Harvester Arts and Fellows).
- Receive guidance, mentorship, professional development, assistance from Harvester Arts and guest artists.
- Have direct and personal access to Harvester Arts resources, professional networks, Resident Artists, and all collaborating artists working with Harvester Arts.